EP-BED-ECCP Executive Programme in Early Childhood Curriculum and Pedagogy (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,500
Be ready to gain a fruitful and compelling journey as a teacher in Early Childhood Care and Education who is not only resourceful and creative but innovative in managing the teaching and learning process in early childhood education settings.
SEGi University's Executive Programme in Early Childhood Curriculum and Pedagogy is a stepping stone in creating a pathway towards working in high-quality preschools and childcare centres. Sharpen your skills within a short six months to enhance your career opportunity in the field of early childhood education that is expanding rapidly. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
Through this programme, you will gain experience in critical thinking as it applies to problem-solving, listening skills, and excellent communication skills. These are all essential skills to have in the workplace, especially as a childcare provider.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Education : Educational Philosophy, History & Policies
- Demonstrate an understanding of various theoretical perspectives and policies, and how these compare, relate and are reflected in current contemporary educational contexts in terms of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to inquire collaboratively on educational issues.
- Discuss the ethical implications of education theory and its relation to practice.
- Apply theoretical and practical understanding of the early stages of the construction of a personal philosophy of education and of their role as future educators.
- Analyse the application of educational theories, ideas, policies and influences to our education system today.
Communication and Thinking Skills
Communication and thinking skills are essential soft skills required for success in any chosen career. For Teacher Trainees, these skills are even more crucial as they are in the frontline of molding and influencing future generations. Teachers are role models in exemplifying these skills as well as inculcating them into their students.
- State the principles and nature of effective interpersonal communication.
- Describe the various strategies in resolving and managing interpersonal conflicts.
- Discuss problems and issues presented in the classroom using creative and critical thinking strategies.
- Evaluate critically samples of reading, listening and viewing materials provided.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present effectively based on given topic.
Pedagogy & Diversity
This course aims to develop educators to embrace children, young people and adults who are being forced to change due to influences such as globalization, the increased social and cultural diversity, and change in patterns of wealth and explosion of knowledge demands from educational contexts.
- Define and discuss the diverse backgrounds of students and the implications for teaching and learning in all contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, modify and implement an inclusive curriculum to meet the specific needs of the individual learners and of groups of learners.
- Critically reflect on issues that relate to diversity and inclusive education through research online and databases.
Technology in Education
This course aims to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills to integrate effectively various technology and media into the teaching and learning process. An overview of the various theories of educational technology, media commonly used and the selection of suitable media in the classroom is discussed, together with their advantages and limitations. Students will be given hands-on experience in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials as well as to demonstrate how they can be integrated into the teaching and learning process. Current and future trends in using instructional technology and media for learning are also discussed.
- Describe the types of technology and media used in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the basic skills in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials in the classroom.
- Identify appropriate electronic and non-electronic materials for effective teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Demonstrate competency in integrating visual, audio, video and computer technology into the teaching-learning process.
- Explain the role of distance education and online learning in education today.
- Discuss the current and future trends in the use of technology and media in teaching and learning.
Early Childhood in a Changing World
The present age is one of social, political, economic and technological change. Flexible and informed approaches are necessary to meet the present and future demands of early childhood education at local and international levels.
- Explain the historical, philosophical, theoretical, economic and socio-cultural factors influence and still continue to shape local and international early childhood education in thought and practice.
- Discuss the diverse range of pedagogical practices, curriculum models, learning environments and their practical applications in local and international settings in the field of early childhood education.
- Analyze and evaluate current issues, trends, policies and research, challenges unique to early childhood education.
Play and Learning in Early Childhood
Play has long been viewed as a powerful vehicle for learning in early childhood. It is through play that the different areas of development can be nurtured and fostered.
- Overview of Play in Early Childhood
- History and Theories of Play
- Types of Play and their Benefits
- The Changing Nature of Play
- Factors that influence Play
- Current Issues
- The Pedagogy of Play
- Integrating Play and the Early Childhood Curriculum
- Documentation of play
Assessment in the Early Childhood
Assessment in early childhood education is important for early childhood teachers to understand how to assess and evaluate children's learning and development.
- An Introduction to Assessment in Early Childhood
- Planning for Meaningful and Authentic Assessment
- Interpreting and Using Assessment Information
- Show and Share : Documentation and communication of Assessment Processes and Results
Anyone can enroll.
With the completion of the programme, you will be ready to explore new career opportunities as a certificate in early childhood education is essential for those interested in a career with children.