EP-BED-SIE Executive Programme in Special and Inclusive Education (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,500
Deepen your understanding of why children behave in certain ways and explore effective approached to manage the educational needs of children with learning difficulties creatively and innovatively in an inclusive educational setting.
Transform your future with SEGi University's Executive Programme in Special and Inclusive Education. Sharpen your skills in a unique and engEqual opportunity for every child. With the Zero Reject Policy in place, there is a need for professionals and parents alike to be equipped with the knowledge to handle Special and Inclusive Education. Take the first step with SEGi University's Executive Programme in Special and Inclusive Education. In 6 short months, explore what you as an educator, professional or parent can do to uphold a student’s right to inclusive education. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.aging method with your chosen course within a brief 6 months. Learn vital education concepts that enable committed learners to transform your careers leading to a better quality professional lives. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and to attain an accredited degree with 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
This programme is designed to help teachers work more effectively with students of special needs and be sensitive to students' inclusivity, diversity, and heterogeneity.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Education : Educational Philosophy, History & Policies
- Demonstrate an understanding of various theoretical perspectives and policies, and how these compare, relate and are reflected in current contemporary educational contexts in terms of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to inquire collaboratively on educational issues.
- Discuss the ethical implications of education theory and its relation to practice.
- Apply theoretical and practical understanding of the early stages of the construction of a personal philosophy of education and of their role as future educators.
- Analyse the application of educational theories, ideas, policies and influences to our education system today.
Communication and Thinking Skills
Communication and thinking skills are essential soft skills required for success in any chosen career. For Teacher Trainees, these skills are even more crucial as they are in the frontline of molding and influencing future generations. Teachers are role models in exemplifying these skills as well as inculcating them into their students.
- State the principles and nature of effective interpersonal communication.
- Describe the various strategies in resolving and managing interpersonal conflicts.
- Discuss problems and issues presented in the classroom using creative and critical thinking strategies.
- Evaluate critically samples of reading, listening and viewing materials provided.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and present effectively based on given topic.
Pedagogy & Diversity
This course aims to develop educators to embrace children, young people and adults who are being forced to change due to influences such as globalization, the increased social and cultural diversity, and change in patterns of wealth and explosion of knowledge demands from educational contexts.
- Define and discuss the diverse backgrounds of students and the implications for teaching and learning in all contexts.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, modify and implement an inclusive curriculum to meet the specific needs of the individual learners and of groups of learners.
- Critically reflect on issues that relate to diversity and inclusive education through research online and databases.
Technology in Education
This course aims to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills to integrate effectively various technology and media into the teaching and learning process. An overview of the various theories of educational technology, media commonly used and the selection of suitable media in the classroom is discussed, together with their advantages and limitations. Students will be given hands-on experience in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials as well as to demonstrate how they can be integrated into the teaching and learning process. Current and future trends in using instructional technology and media for learning are also discussed.
- Describe the types of technology and media used in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the basic skills in producing visual, audio, video and computer-aided instructional materials in the classroom.
- Identify appropriate electronic and non-electronic materials for effective teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Demonstrate competency in integrating visual, audio, video and computer technology into the teaching-learning process.
- Explain the role of distance education and online learning in education today.
- Discuss the current and future trends in the use of technology and media in teaching and learning.
Introduction to Children with Special Needs (coming soon)
Instructional Strategies for Children with Special Needs
Children with special needs require specialized instructional strategies for effective learning to take place. Therefore teachers involved in teaching them should be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to carry out appropriate instructional strategies to meet each child’s individual needs.
- Concept of Differentiated Instruction
- The Planning Process of Instruction
- Grouping for Effective Instruction
- Direct Instruction for Learners with Special Needs
- Cognitive Training for Learners with Special Needs
- Facilitating Reading
- Facilitating Writing
- Facilitating Mathematical Skills
- Teaching in the content areas
- Technology Integration in the classroom
- Trends in the classroom
Inclusion for Students with Special Needs
Inclusive education of children with disabilities is accepted internationally as a standard and right for all children. Malaysia subscribes to this principle albeit its challenges on the ground towards meaningful inclusion. This course shall address the setting and challenges of special, integrated and inclusive education in the education system.
- Concept of Inclusion
- Guidelines for Responsible Inclusion
- Universal Design Learning
- Collaborative Consultation
- Cooperative Teaching and other Team Arrangements
- Curricula Modification
- Differentiated Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom
- Providing Support in the Inclusive Classroom
- Continuing Issues in Inclusion
Anyone can enroll.
With the completion of the Executive Programme in Special and Inclusive Education, you will be able to plan, execute, assess and manage the teaching and learning process in special needs education and inclusive education settings effectively.