EP-BIT-BSD Executive Programme in Business System Design (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,500
Be trained with a framework combining both computing and business fundamentals focusing on information technology so that you can keep up with the rapid industry changes.
Learn the technology systems for the modern-day business environment with SEGi University's Executive Programme in Business System Design. Gain the necessary understanding of business analysis principles and processes and the tools and techniques used to identify, develop and implement innovative processes using technology. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF, and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
The programme is designed to equip professionals with technical skills in systems analysis & design, information processing, and essential business knowledge in operation and management.
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Networks
This module provides a thorough understanding of role of networks in modern society. Current trends in network usage will be explored, including the increased demand for bandwidth, the demand for mobile solutions and the bandwidth divide. Network and computer security issues will be explored throughout, as well as relevant protocols and hardware technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding in general concepts and technologies of networking, in the context of both personal and business use.
- Develop an understanding of network design and implementation in a modern networked environment.
Project knowledge in the principles of security management in the context of networks.
System Analysis and Design
This module is concerned with the different aspects to systems analysis and design as well as the stages involved in it. The participant should be able to recognize the main challenges involved with the development of an information system.
- Describe the concept, theories and principles of structured systems planning, analysis and design.
- Analyse user stories and produce requirements documents .
- Formulate set of process models and related logic models for a simple computer-based system using CASE tools
Object Oriented Programming
The objective of this course is to expose the students to make use of an "Interactive Development Environment" (IDE) in the way to create a program or system by applying the OO principle, so that they are able to use the Java SDK environment to create, debug, and run simple Java programs.
- Identify the concepts of object-oriented programming.
- Apply the principles of object-oriented into problem-solving.
- Implement the graphical user interface in application development.
This course is designed to introduce the concept of web development life cycle, practice using the standard development package and languages for designing and developing web application, and apply usability and accessibility for user experience.
- Demonstrate the concept of web development lifecycle to plan and manage a web application project.
- Apply the syntax of mark-up language, style sheets, and web scripting to accepted standard.
- Develop web application while introducing the appropriate legal, social, and ethical professional issues.
Object-Oriented Analysis & Design
Student will gain an understanding of the methods, tools and procedures of object oriented design and analysis. Methods covered include a wide range of activities such as project planning, system and software requirements analysis, design, development, configuration management, testing, documentation and maintenance of software. Industry standard system modelling and specification notations will be used throughout the course.
- Describe the concepts, principles and standards of object oriented design.
- Determine business requirements based on requirements techniques and produce functional, structural and behavior modelling.
- Construct object oriented system models using UML diagramming techniques and tools.
Management Information System
This course is designed to introduce student to MIS, the use of information technology, people, and business processes to record, store and process data to produce information that decision makers can use to make day to day decisions.
- Understand basic Information System concepts as applied to business operations and management.
- Identify the major components of a computer system, including hardware, software, operating systems and operating environments as they apply to Information Systems.
- Evaluate, select, and use computer-based Information Systems from a management perspective.
Digital Transformational Strategy
This course is designed to expose student to digital transformation strategy and consideartions. A Digital Transformation Strategy is a plan of action describing how a business must strategically reposition itself in the digital economy.
- Discuss components business and digital strategies with emphasis on the role of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Apply range of qualitative and quantitative frameworks, tools and techniques commonly used for business and digital strategy development.
- Justify strategic analyses for corporate enterprise case studies, problem situations and scenarios.
Anyone can enroll
After completing the Executive Programme in Business Systems Design, you will be capable of creating a competitive advantage in business by developing meaningful business solutions using technologies to support the tactical and strategic needs.