EP-BIT-CP Executive Programme in Computing (MOOC)
Fee : RM 3,500
Gain the fundamentals of computing and develop practical skillsets to design IT solutions.
Transform your future with SEGi University's Executive Programme in Computing. Sharpen your skills in a unique and engaging method with your chosen course within a short six months. Learn vital education concepts that enable committed learners to transform their careers, leading to better quality professional lives. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF, and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
The programme focuses on the application, deployment, configuration, and maintenance needs of information technology and computing areas.;
|Common Subjects||Specialized Subjects|
Introduction to Networks
This module provides a thorough understanding of role of networks in modern society. Current trends in network usage will be explored, including the increased demand for bandwidth, the demand for mobile solutions and the bandwidth divide. Network and computer security issues will be explored throughout, as well as relevant protocols and hardware technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding in general concepts and technologies of networking, in the context of both personal and business use.
- Develop an understanding of network design and implementation in a modern networked environment.
Project knowledge in the principles of security management in the context of networks.
System Analysis and Design
This module is concerned with the different aspects to systems analysis and design as well as the stages involved in it. The participant should be able to recognize the main challenges involved with the development of an information system.
- Describe the concept, theories and principles of structured systems planning, analysis and design.
- Analyse user stories and produce requirements documents .
- Formulate set of process models and related logic models for a simple computer-based system using CASE tools
Object Oriented Programming
The objective of this course is to expose the students to make use of an "Interactive Development Environment" (IDE) in the way to create a program or system by applying the OO principle, so that they are able to use the Java SDK environment to create, debug, and run simple Java programs.
- Identify the concepts of object-oriented programming.
- Apply the principles of object-oriented into problem-solving.
- Implement the graphical user interface in application development.
This course is designed to introduce the concept of web development life cycle, practice using the standard development package and languages for designing and developing web application, and apply usability and accessibility for user experience.
- Demonstrate the concept of web development lifecycle to plan and manage a web application project.
- Apply the syntax of mark-up language, style sheets, and web scripting to accepted standard.
- Develop web application while introducing the appropriate legal, social, and ethical professional issues.
This course introduced fundamental concepts necessary for designing, using, and implementing database systems and database applications. The course stresses the fundamentals of database modeling and design, the languages and models provided by the database management systems, and database system implementation techniques.
- Explain the basic concepts underlying a DBMS and Database Architecture Design data models based on the data requirements and data dictionary using entity relationship diagram (ERD).
- Create database tables using structured query language (SQL) to solve database queries.
Introduction to IOT
To provides an overview of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Cloud Computing concepts, infrastructures and capabilities. This will help students gain the necessary knowledge to construct IoT systems and use cloud services for processing and storage of the data produced by the IoT devices.
- Describe fundamental concepts of computer technology, hardware components and software types.
- Discuss the concepts, standards and principles of internet, networking and communication
- Demonstrate the ability to use IOT applications in solving given tasks.
The objective of this course is to able the student to think logically for predicting in advance the behaviour of a system working and to a fixed set of rules is essential. Be able to use compiler tools to create, debug and run simple C++ programs.
- Describe the concept, principles and standard structured programming.
- Apply the steps in the Program Development Life Cycle.
- Write coding to solve the programming problems according to the standard programming principles.
Anyone can enroll
After completing the Executive Programme in Computing, you will be equipped with the skills and basic knowledge to enter the IT industry and further study to gain a higher educational qualification.