EP-BMC-DA Executive Programme in Digital Advertising
Fee : RM 3,000
Digital disruption is here to stay. The programme will impart skills to conceptualise a well-targeted digital advertising campaign to present visual information creatively.
Online advertisement is fast becoming the preferred method to promote businesses to a broader audience. SEGi University's Executive Programme in Digital Advertising aims to show you how to increase your visibility in the digital era within a short six months. For more information about this programme, how you can claim for HRDF and attain an accredited degree with a 30% credit transfer via APEL C, please contact [email protected] or call +603-6145 1788.
SEGi's Executive Programme in Digital Advertising will equip you with conceptual knowledge to address various advertising issues in the industry, develop strategies for an advertising campaign and digital design advertisement.
|Common Subjects||Specialize Subject|
Mass Communication & Stories of Mass Media
This course provides an introduction to the field of Mass Communication covering on theories and practices of mediated communication. Insights into foundational ideas in the study of communication, drawing on examples of communication practice from contemporary society, and the historical development of mass media communication.
- Describe the roles and functions of mass communication industries.
- Critically reflect on the implications of contemporary social, economic and technological trends for communication professions and professional practice.
- Understand theories of mass communication in the new economy and apply basic research skills to locate, summarize and review literature and online resources.
- Understand and position ourselves as a future communication professional in the new economy.
Theory & Principles of Communication
The course helps develop the ability to describe a range of core models and theories and to use them to consider the various influences of messages. Students will explore the rapidly fragmenting media environment against the value systems of a society, including interactive communication system.
- Describe and discuss the theories and principles of communication.
- Demonstrate how selected theories and models are used to explain specific phenomena.
- Critically evaluate communication theories and models as well as to link them with the practice of mass communications.
- Identify and describe a theory and model in graphical or diagrammatic forms.
Public Opinion and Propaganda
The course will examine how people think about politics: where they get their information and why, and how well that information prepares citizens for democratic engagement. The course will also examine the extent to which powerful interests are able to shape what we see and even what we think, and the consequences that has for popular self-government.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of public relations campaign theory and practice and an understanding of planning, implementation and evaluation processes in public relations campaigns.
- Analyze an organization’s internal and external environments to inform decision-making in public relations strategy development and planning.
- Develop a public relations strategy and plan to meet a client's stated need, showing an appreciation for resource and timing elements in campaign design.
- Present persuasively and defend a public relations campaign to a commissioning client in small groups.
Advertising and Brand Communication Campaigns
To appreciate the intrinsic fundamentals of what comprises great advertising and why it both effectively and creatively positions a brand or sells a product. To understand, by experience, what a thrill it is to come up with a great concept, idea and campaign. This course will initially focus on print and digital advertising since this is where most copywriters and art directors will initially start, and it is the discipline of print headlines from which most campaigns begin.
- Critically examine and analyse current industry practice from a theoretical perspective.
- Understand the importance of research in providing insights in campaign formulation and evaluation of advertising concepts.
- Stimulate strategic thinking in response to an advertising problem and to assimilate and extend advertising skills developed so far in the advertising program.
This course is an introduction to the world of consumer behavior. The discipline borrows from several social sciences including psychology, sociology, and anthropology to explain behavior in the marketplace. In this course, the learner will explore how perceptions, learning, memory, personality, and attitudes influence consumption behavior, how consumption changes during one’s life cycle, and how powerful cultural and subcultural influences are on consumers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concept of consumer behavior and how it applies to the real business environment, challenges facing marketers in the international market-place and the social responsibility and ethical issues facing marketers.
- Retrieve and utilize information from directed primary and secondary sources and from independent investigations in order to develop solutions and recommendations for marketing strategies.
- Prepare cohesive marketing plans and analyses for organizations by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting information and developing a strategic direction in a real business scenario.
This course is designed to provide an introduction to integrated marketing communications (IMC) strategies and tactics, the practices we know best as advertising, promotion, direct response, public relations and marketing communications. The course will provide hands-on experience in creating advertising and media plans, and creative campaigns. It will also examine how marketers integrate and link their communications to generate maximum impact and leverage for brands.
- Identify and locate the process of advertising communication within a social and economic context.
- Evaluate the roles and function of advertising within the mass media industry.
- Analyze the social and ethical debates relating to the role and function of the advertising industry
Anyone can enroll.
After completing the Executive Programme in Digital Advertising, you will be competent in creativity, critical and entrepreneurial thinking, and essential digital skills for the advertising industry.